Why build an e-mail list?It’s critical when you market anything online to buildan e-mail list because usually most of your customersare not going to purchase from you on the firstcontact they have from you.You’ve probably heard that most marketers expect to onlyget a 1 to 2% closing conversion rate on new trafficto their websites, the problem is what happens to theother 98% of the people that come to your website on anygiven day?Likely they are planning on purchasing a productsimilar to yours otherwise they would not havesearched for a website like yours in the first place,that’s why it is critical that you collect an emailaddress so that you can sell to them in the future, ifthey do not buy on the first visit to your site.”Most customers require 7-12 exposures to yourproducts and services before making a purchase”That means that it may take many potential customers adozen times of seeing your message before they buy!
After hearing that fact, it now makes sense why it iscritically important to collect email addresses fromas many people as you can that are interested in thetypes of product that you sell.Try to think about this as if you were trying to asksomebody on a date that you met today at the mall. Do you think it’s very likely if you met that persontoday at the mall and asked them on a date that your datewould start right then and there before you got toknow that person at all?Of course not, you would meet them possibly flirt withthem a little bit and then try to get that person’sphone number so you could call them to follow up withthem for a date at a later time once you’ve gotten toknow them a little bit better on the phone.E-mail list building works much the same way, surethere are a small percentage of people that will buy yourproduct the first time they come to your website,remember we already talked about the typical 1 to 2%conversion rate that most Internet marketers enjoy.What we’re concerned about is not that 1 to 2%, whatwere concerned about today is how you can capture alarge portion of the 98% that didn’t buy today!There is way more money to be made off of that 98%in the future than there is that 1 or 2% today, thatsjust simple math.So what were going to do is just like in the mall,we’re not going to ask for a date to start immediatelywere going to flirt with our customer, so we can tryto earn that date in the future ie- the sale.The best way to flirt with these new customers is tooffer them something of value for free. Think of it iscourting or flirting with your customers.Your free offering could be anything as simple as awhite paper based on your niche, or some videos thathave something to do with making your prospects lifeeasier, or even a free sample or trial version of thesoftware that possibly you sell.You may even want to consider giving them one of yourpaid products for free at this first contact to flirtwith and court them into coming back and becoming acustomer at a later date.Giving something of value to your prospects how land onyour webpage is one of the best ways to collect theire-mail address and get them to trust you into knowingthat you’re not going to be constantly trying to sellthem something, but that you’re actually there to helpthem.
After all, if you let them get away after one look atyour sales message, you are going to lose them forgood, so why not give them something for free todayand hope that we can earn their business tomorrow ornext week on another product or service.Giving something to your customer for free of valuenow gives you the right to follow up with them sothat you can get them back to your sales message andpossibly get them to make a purchase at a later date.This means you can get more cash with the samecustomers and without additional advertising expenses,because now you’re targeting the people that leaveyour website those 98% and focusing on trying tomarket to that larger group of people than the normal1 to 2% that would’ve normally bought anyway!There is way more money to be made from that 98%so those are the people I’m going to have to focus ontrying to impress.When you focus on trying to impress that 98%, you’re still going to make the sales to the other 1 to 2% that you would’ve regularly, but the new social make off of that 98% are going to blow your numbers through the roof, over the next few weeks.To learn how to use secrets like this in your businessand in your list building efforts come for website now.
Coming next … ListBuilding Lesson 3